So spring break is over now. Nothing terribly exciting to report, except that my Mom & Aunt came to visit. We took the dogs to the beach and watched for whales (yucky weather, saw none) and drove around. I found some yarn in Bandon for a very pretty skirt at a really cheap price too, go me! I volunteered for Whale Watching Spoken Here on Wednesday and Saturday as well, skunked on Wed (clouds so you couldn't see more than 1/2 mi off shore and sideways rain in heavy winds- thank goodness that was an indoor site!) and saw just a few on Saturday (the rain kindly waited until after we left to set in). Oh yeah, Saturday night we also participated in Earth Hour, not using any electricity for an hour. We played cards in front of the fire, and I knitted.
I finished my vest recently and wore it to school friday before spring break (I worked every day that week, it was pretty nice). It's a bit small- I guess I sized it down too well, but not TOO small. It works well over a T shirt.
Then this week I started and finished an Owls sweater! That was fun, it was such a quick knit, and it's very cute and fits great. It used a lot less yarn than I thought too, so it ended up costing like $20! Yay for making my own clothes!
We worked a lot in the garden the past few days, pulling out old stuff and weeds and planting early seeds for this spring. It actually was frosty this morning, but apparently not cold enough to kill the sprouts, thank goodness. We got a whole bunch of good soil out of the compost bin and made up some organic fertilizer, so I hope we'll have good production this year.
Today I went out to lunch with Steph and her friend Crystal (whom I met at the Diego's Umbrella show) and then we took the dogs to the beach and hung out drinking beer in the sun. I wore my new sweater. All in all, a pretty excellent day. Some fun things are planned for the next few weeks too, I'm excited!
Endings and Beginnings
10 years ago

1 comments:
That owl sweater is super cool!
The vest is very pretty and also flattering and kinda va-va-voom! :P
Good stuff. :D
Post a Comment